Introduction to Android Training:
Android, one of the most popular mobile platforms and is supported by the Linux operating system. Android apps are now-a-days are in demand as these applications are meant for making life comfortable. Apps are developed in java programming language using SDK with ADT plugin for eclipse and downloaded from market place Google play. The IT professionals with experience with Android Training for android app development are now in wide demand all over the world and the Android app developers can earn in million if they can master the art of making quality applications on android platform.
“IdesTrainings” offers Android Training through online . The entire Android Training online module is divided under comprehensive chapters and flexi classroom teaching methods, which can availed by the students as well as by professionals already employed.
Android Online Training Course Details:
Course Name: Android Training
Mode of training: Online Training and Corporate Training (Classroom Training at client location)
Duration of course: 30 hrs
Do you provide materials: Yes, If you register with IdesTrainings, the materials will be provided.
course fee: After register with IdesTrainings, our coordinator will contact you.
Trainer experience: 12 years+
Timings: According to one’s feasibility
Batch Type: Regular, weekends and fast track
Android Online Training Course Content:
Android user interface components:
The following description gives a overview of the most important user interface related component and parts of an Android Training application.
- An activity represents the visual representation of an Android Training application.
- Activities use views, i.e. user interface widgets as for example buttons and fragments to create the user interface and to interact with the user.
- An Android application can have several activities.
- Fragments are components which run in the context of an Activity.
- A Fragment encapsulates application code so that it is easier to reuse it and to support different sized devices.
- Fragments are optional components which allow you to reuse user interface and non user interface components for different devices configurations.
Views and layout manager:
- Views are user interface widgets, e.g. buttons or text fields. The base class for all views is the android.view.View class. Views have attributes which can be used to configure their appearance and behavior.
- A layout manager is responsible for arranging other views. The base class for these layout managers is the android.view.ViewGroup class which extends the View class.
- Layout managers can be nestled to create complex layouts. You should avoid nestling them to deeply.
Device configuration specific layouts:
- The user interface for Activities is typcally defined via XML files (layout files). It is possible to define defined layout file for different device configuration, e.g. based on the available width of the actual device running the application.
Other Android components:
Android Training has several more components which can be used in your Android application.
- Intents are asynchronous messages which allow the application to request functionality from other Android Training components, e.g. from services or activities.
- An application can call a component directly or ask the Android system to evaluate registered components based on the intent data .
- For example the application could implement sharing of data via an intent and all components which allow sharing of data would be available for the user to select. Applications register themselves to an intent via an intent Filter.
- Intents allow an Android Online Training application to start and to interact with components from other Android Development applications.
- Services perform tasks without providing a user interface. They can communicate with other Android Training components and notify the user via the notification framework in Android.
- A content provider provides a structured interface to application data. Via a content provider your application can share data with other applications.
- Android Training contains an SQLite database which is frequently used in conjunction with a content provider. The SQLite database would store the data, which would be accessed via the content provider.
- Widgets are interactive components which are primarily used on the Android homescreen.
- They typically display some kind of data and allow the user to perform actions via them. For example a Widget could display a short summary of new emails and if the user selects an email, it could start the email application with the selected email.
- Live Wallpapers allow you to create animated backgrounds for the Android Training home screen.
Android Development Tools:
- The Android Software Development Kit (SDK) contains the necessary tools to create, compile and package Android application. Most of these tools are command line based.
- The Android SDK Online Training also provides an Android device emulator, so that Android applications can be tested without a real Android phone. You can create Android virtual devices (AVD) via the Android SDK, which run in this emulator.
- The Android SDK contains the Android debug bridge (adb) tool which allows to connect to an virtual or real Android device.
Android Development Tools:
- Google provides the Android Development Tools (ADT) to develop Android applications with Eclipse.
- ADT is a set of components (plug-ins) which extend the Eclipse IDE with Android development capabilities.
- ADT contains all required functionalities to create, compile, debug and deploy Android Training applications from the Eclipse IDE.
- ADT also allows to create and start AVDs.
- The Android Development Tools (ADT) provides specialized editors for resources files, e.g. layout files.
- These editors allow to switch between the XML representation of the file and a richer user interface via tabs on the bottom of the editor.
Dalvik Virtual Machine:
- The Android Online Training system uses a special virtual machine, i.e. the Dalvik Virtual Machine to run Java based applications.
- Dalvik uses an own bytecode format which is different from Java bytecode.Therefore you cannot directly run Java class files on Android, they need to get converted in the Dalvik bytecode format.
How to develop Android Applications:
- The Android SDK contains a tool called dx which converts Java class files into a .dex (Dalvik Executable) file. All class files of one application are placed in one compressed .dex file. During this conversion process redundant information in the class files are optimized in the .dex file.
- For example if the same String is found in different class files, the .dex file contains only once reference of this String.
- These dex files are therefore much smaller in size than the corresponding class files.
- The .dex file and the resources of an Android Training project, e.g. the images and XML files, are packed into an .apk (Android Package) file. The program aapt (Android Asset Packaging Tool) performs this packaging.
- The resulting .apk file contains all necessary data to run the Android application and can be deployed to an Android device via the adb tool.
- The Android Training Development Tools (ADT) performs these steps transparently to the user.
- If you use the ADT tooling you press a button the whole Android application (.apk file) will be created and deployed.
- The ADT allows the developer to define certain artifacts, e.g. Strings and layout files, in two ways: via a rich editor, and directly via XML. This is done via multi-page editors in Eclipse.
- In these editors you can switch between both representations by clicking on the tab on the lower part of the screen.
Conclusion to Android Training:
Android Training is provided by leading online training at IdesTrainings from India by expert trainers. We are have years of experience in training on all modules of Android Training. Students who are looking to get positions in IT field in Android and fresher who have got job with less skills and knowledge are also can take our online training. We also provide corporate training and as well as job support for Android Course. We also provide individual batches for corporate training along with class room training at client location.