Introduction of ETL testing job support:
ETL testing job support is provided the Idestrainings which is the leading technical online job support organization. Idestrainings is providing the best ETL job support services at an affordable cost. Before going to ETL testing job support, let’s take a look at the basics of ETL testing. ETL is nothing but Extract Transformation and Loading. ETL is a process in which extracting the data from the various resources, applying transformations and finally loading the clean calculated data. These are the basic steps in the data integration process. There are so many ETL testing tools available in the market. They are Data stage, Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, SSIS, SAS, and so on. We are providing online job support for each and every ETL testing tool.
ETL testing process in Our ETL testing online job support:
- ETL testing process is similar to the other testing and the only difference is identifying the source and data model.
- ETL testing process has some steps. They are the estimation, planning, test design, execution, and closure.
- Estimation process generally happens based on a complexity of rules, a number of tables, volume of the data, and job performance.
- In the planning stage, we need to identify the out scope, in scope, dependencies, and risks.
- The text design stage happens based on the test scenarios, Mapping doc, and SQL scripts.
- In the execution process, we have to run ETL jobs or we need to monitor the job run.
- We have to execute the SQL script. We have to do defect logging as well as defect retesting in this stage.
- In the closure activity, we have to give sign off to promote the job or code to the next phase. This is all about the process of ETL testing. We will cover these basics in our ETL testing job support. We are also providing the best Talend ETL testing job support at a reasonable cost.
Learn Basic testing categories in ETL testing job support:
- There are mainly four categories in ETL testing. They are Metadata testing, data testing, truncate and incremental load testing, and performance testing.
- In the metadata testing, we have to take care of the four things. They are column datatypes, column length, column constraints, and naming standards.
- Let’s have a look at data testing. Whenever we talk about any ETL project, the first thing that you should validate is counts between environments. We can also do the descriptive statistics on our source and target table.
- If you have huge source and target tables, in that case, you cannot go and do complete data testing.
- In that case, try to do minimum, maximum, and average values on all columns and check whether it matches between a source system and target system. And you have to take the count of null values.
- The third testing category is data quality testing. In our data quality testing, we need to make sure that the data that is being loaded to our target table compliance to business rules.
- You need to check the data integrity checks and also you need to check the data duplications. These are all the basic information of ETL testing categories. We will teach you all the practical knowledge in our ETL testing job support. Idestrainings gives the best Manual testing job support with the best trainers.
Job Schedule and Run in ETL testing:
Schedulers are used to run the job when certain events occur at a particular time or on completion of process/ job. There are some schedulers available in the market. They are autosys, CTRL-M, Informatica schedulers. Autosys is an industry standard for the batch process. CTRL-M is used in very few organizations. We have two important components when we talk about autosys jil files. They are box job and command job. Box job contains multiple commands. This is used to tie the related operations. In the command job, it has the details of UNIX shell script or batch script that will be run. Informatica schedulers are not more popular than the Autosys.
Benefits of ETL Testing:
There are so many core benefits and few of them listed below:
- The main important core benefit is data quality. Data quality plays a vital role in the decision making.
- By using this ETL testing, we can integrate the data. Data integrity is another important benefit of ETL testing.
- Production reconciliation.
- With the help of ETL testing, we can reduce the risks of data loss.
- We can audit the data and we can access the data anywhere at any time.
- IT developer productivity.
- ETL testing tools generally reduce the test cycle.
- The amount of time taken out for testing could be reduced with the help of ETL testing tools.
- ETL testing is a wise thing for the effective data warehousing.
- The maintenance of ETL testing is very easy.
- We can move the huge amount of data effectively.
These are some of the benefits of the ETL testing. We will teach you everything in practical in our ETL testing job support. Idestrainings provides the best ETL testing job support with Informatica ETL, Jaspersoft ETL, Manual testing, selenium support skills.
Stages of the ETL testing process:
Effective ETL testing detects problems with the source data early on—before it is loaded to the data repository — as well as inconsistencies or ambiguities in business rules intended to guide data transformation and integration.
- Identify business requirements— Design the data model, define business flow, and assess reporting needs based on client expectations. It’s important to start here so the scope of the project is clearly defined, documented, and understood fully by testers.
- Validate data sources— Perform a data count check and verify that the table and column data type meets specifications of the data model. Make sure check keys are in place and remove duplicate data. If not done correctly, the aggregate report could be inaccurate or misleading.
- Design test cases— Design ETL mapping scenarios, create SQL scripts, and define transformational rules. It is important to validate the mapping document as well, to ensure it contains all of the information.
- Extract data from source systems— Execute ETL tests per business requirement. Identify types of bugs or defects encountered during testing and make a report. It is important to detect and reproduce any defects, report, fix the bug, resolve, and close bug report — before continuing to Step 5.
- Apply transformation logic— Ensure data is transformed to match schema of target data warehouse. Check data threshold, alignment, and validate data flow. This ensures the data type matches the mapping document for each column and table.
- Load data into target warehouse— Perform a record count check before and after data is moved from staging to the data warehouse. Confirm that invalid data is rejected and that the default values are accepted.
- Summary report— Verify layout, options, filters and export functionality of summary report. This report lets decision-makers/stakeholders know details and results of the testing process and if any step was not completed i.e. “out of scope” and why.
- Test Closure— File test closure.
Conclusion to ETL Testing Job Support:
‘Idestrainings’ is the premier online job support firm for ETL testing job support. We are providing the best ETL testing job support at an affordable cost. You can utilize the services of ‘Idestrainings’ to improve your skills and also to get on your first job. We have good experience in providing the quick solutions to our clients. With just theoretical knowledge, you cannot survive in today’s IT field. If you are weak in the technical skills, you cannot get on the job that you are doing. For that, Idestrainings offers online job support for technically weak candidates. Idestrainings is more reliable and expert consultancy for online job support. Our senior consultants are always available for the best data stage ETL job support from India.
If you are really facing the technical issues in your project then the Idestrainings will be the right place to ace the project work. We are providing the senior consultants who will help you to get out of your work stress. We are providing the best trainers/consultants who have more than 10 years experience in the ETL testing job support. For more details, feel free to contact us.