Introduction to Oracle ODI Training:
Oracle ODI Training at IdesTrainings – Oracle ODI is an ETL tool. ETL is a new approach to populate data warehouses. It offers efficiency by taking advantage of cluster computing resources. In the past Oracle is used to sell oracle warehouse builder called OWB.
The latest version of Oracle ODI 12c is ODI 12.2.1. Oracle Data Integrator 12c training is rendered by the good subject matter experts & the tutorials prepared by these industry experts are made with latest industry updates. Classes are available for both individual as well as for corporate batches on demand. Call the help desk for the more information for Oracle ODI Training and its details.
Prerequisites for Oracle ODI Training:
To learn Oracle ODI Training at IdesTrainings, we must have basic knowledge on,
- PL / SQL
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Fusion Middle ware
ORACLE DATA INTEGRATOR 12.2.1 ONLINE COURSE CONTENT
Learn Uses of Oracle ODI Integrator in Oracle ODI Training:
It is used to extract the data from a certain sources and transform data in a staging area. Then it loads the data in to the target database. The sources could be files or databases.
Advantages of Oracle ODI Training:
- The data transformations take place on the target database using SQL.
- It offers transparency. So the developers can find that what exactly is happening. It is great for debugging. The other advantage is the code template approach which enables re usability.
Scenarios in Oracle ODI Training:
A scenario is compiled or executable object. It can be used for scheduling or executing and is not editable. We can generate scenarios for Packages, Procedures, Interfaces, Variables. We can create scenarios in ODI under procedures or packages or interface.
ODI Dataflow Architecture:
The main function of a data integration tool like ODI is to transfer data from source to target. That means data needs to be transferred from a source database to a target database. Oracle ODI is a java-based application which needs to be installed on a relational database. It contains two main repositories. They are master repository and work repository. These repositories are used to store the ODI components like programs, metadata connection details, user details etc., The complete information about Oracle ODI Dataflow architecture can be explained during Oracle ODI Training.
Learn Working of Oracle ODI in our Oracle Data Integrator 12c Training:
ODI connects to the source and target database. It has the capability to understand the source database and instructions in the language. ODI creates the dynamic views with the data element which needs to be transferred to the target database. It also creates the dynamically staging tables in target database. All these can be done through built-in java programs called load knowledge module. ODI has various knowledge modules based on the function, it needs to perform and the technology of source and target.
The purpose of load knowledge module is to transfer the data from source to dynamic staging tables in target. The data in the staging table goes through the data quality checks. These checks are performed by Check knowledge module(CKM).Once the data is validated then it is moved to target tables using integration knowledge modules(IKM). IKM also takes care of required data transformation. Thus data will be transferred through ODI.
ODI Agents in Oracle Data Integrator 12c Training:
There are three types of agents in Oracle ODI.
- Stand alone agent
- standalone located agent and J2EE agent.
Standalone agent runs in a different Java Virtual Machine (JVM).It moves to the work repository and to the source in target data benefit by means of JDBC. Standalone can be installed on any server where JVM is installed. So JVM is the required procedure which we have to install the standalone agent. It isn’t mandatory to have a web logic server to install the standalone agent. You can directly install the agent if you have installed JVM.
Standalone colocated agent is similar to the standalone agent. But it needs a web logic server despite the fact that it isn’t go through web logic server however it needs a JVM which is a part of a web logic server. In other words it keeps running in a different JVM process. But it is a part of web logic server domain and controlled by web logic organization server. So Standalone assembled operators can likewise be introduced on any server on which a JVM is installed. But it requires an association with the web logic administration server. So this enables you to control the standalone agent with the assistance of web logic administration server.
J2EE agent is deployed near approach application server. The J2EE agent can profit by all highlights of web logic server. Because it is deployed in web logic server. So this kind of agent is more appropriate.
Mapping in ODI:
In order to move source table data to target database, we need mapping between source and target table. ETL mapping documents contains source, staging area, target and the business rules information. And it is the most important document for the developer. The more you will understand about the mapping while working on Oracle ODI.
Creating Datastores using ODI generator:
Using “Datastores-Source file” code template, connect to ODI work repository, ODI Generator repository. Then launch datastores wizard. Select datastores entities and code template. Select at least one entry. Then preview the generated code. Open generated code in editor and execute generated code and review the output. Check the created datastores and verify them in ODI Studio.
ODI tool is a java-based and equation tool that supports multiple technologies and provides standard support or drivers to connect most tools. In order to launch ODI, we need to have a client base installation on our system or we can simply install it on the planning server. After installing it, we must launch ODI and navigate to the topology manager. And then expand on Hyperion planning technology.
Creating a planning schema in ODI:
After launching the ODI tool, you can simply navigate to the topology tab and expand technologies like Hyperion planning. Then select new data server.
- Let us consider that the name of the data server was Testing ,You also need to provide your admin credentials. Once you click on save, then it will allow you to register a physical schema. To create your physical schema, simply navigate your data server. Right click on it and select a new physical schema. The physical schema contains important information such as the name of your planning application.
- Under the application catalog you also need to provide the name of the database of the planning application, once you click on save you need to start connecting your physical architecture to your logical architecture. In order to connect your ODI interface as your source or target datastore the logical architecture holds a placeholder, in order to create a logical architecture you need to right-click Hyperion planning and illogical architectures.
- Select new logical schema called test. All these must be launched under the global context. Consider test as physical schema and click on save. So once you save it automatically push the logical schema for the physical schema also. Thus you can create a planning schema in ODI.
- The best Oracle ODI Training is offered with Oracle Integrator Training materials.
List of components in Developing Oracle ODI training:
In Oracle ODI , after installing ODI, Admin will take care of security and reviews ODI users, their profiles and privileges. Then he creates the connections between ODI repository and other databases like source and target. ODI can connect to almost all kind of databases.
- Once admin has installed ODI, he creates the users and connections. Then the next activity is to bring in metadata from source and target components like files, tables into ODI repository.
- This is turn through model definitions and reverse engineering the components from source and target databases. After the metadata of components like files and tables from source and target databases are brought into ODI repository then they are mapped.
- The mapping drives the flow of data from source to target. Mapping requires metadata of source and target components in ODI repository. Procedure is another way to transfer the data from source to target. Procedure doesn’t need the metadata in ODI repository. We can write SQL queries as long as there exist connections.
- In a project if you want to create many mappings and procedures. If you have too many mappings and too many procedures then you have to create a package. A package contains process flows showing sequences in which these procedures and mappings will run. Idestrainings is rich in providing Oracle ODI training with live projects by real time experts at flexible timings.
- After creating a package, we need to run those packages and migrate them in different environments like development, test and production. This is done through scenarios. Scenario is a frozen snapshot of mapping or packages.
- Once the scenario is created then it can be migrated to different environments without migrating the related components like packages and mappings.
- In real world project there might be situations where you have to create a number of scenarios. In such a situation, you have to sequence the run of these scenarios.
- This can be done through load plan and this completes the list of components you have to develop in ODI. When you develop these scenarios and load plans in order to run those you need agents.
- Agents are the light weight Java processes. These are most important for running the scenarios and load plans.
Repositories in ODI:
In Oracle ODI Training, you will learn Repository is a database schema, which is present inside a database. There are two types of repositories present in Oracle ODI. They are:
- Master Repository– It contains the static data related to server layout, security, environments and technologies.
- Work Repository– It is an operational repository. It contains the data which is dynamic.
Work repository is further divided into two types. They are – Development work repository, Execution work repository which can be explained in Oracle ODI Training. Oracle SOA Suite 12c has the capability to make your company an innovative leader which is capable of simplifying integration despite the growth of mobile, cloud and internet of things. Oracle SOA is the unified interface across the major components of integration. Oracle SOA Suite 12c offers adapter integration to create a seamless workflow between SOA Suite and other products. SOA is an approach used to create an architecture based upon the use of services.
So that development time and time to market improves drastically for the businesses. SOA encourages reusing the existing services following the systems within IT landscape. Join Oracle SOA Training at IdesTrainings which benefits you in providing overall knowledge about the Oracle SOA Suite 12c by the industry experts. Also helps you to get knowledge on Oracle ODI Training.
SOA allows existing services to be reused to encourage the development of new products and services to the changing demands of the market. In Oracle SOA Suite 12c, we can enable the back-end services that are tied to our business applications using REST APIs and JSON standards to build mobile apps. SOA means Service-oriented architecture.
In order to learn Oracle SOA Admin Training, you must be aware of Oracle Fusion Middleware. IdesTrainings also provides Oracle Fusion Online Training.
In Oracle Fusion Training, you will get the complete knowledge about Oracle Fusion Applications and Oracle Fusion Middleware. Oracle Fusion Applications is a suite of business applications from Oracle Corporation. Oracle Fusion is a category of ERP. Where, ERP means Enterprise Resource planning. Oracle Fusion applications uses the latest technology available in the industry.
Oracle Fusion applications is a group of applications. Where, each application addresses particular business area .Oracle Fusion applications include Customer relationship management, financials, governance risk and compliance, human capital management, procurement, project portfolio management and supply chain management. Oracle Fusion middleware is a platform that delivers both business transformation and IT modernization.
Conclusion of Oracle ODI Training:
What’s the bottom line? When you work on the ODI tool on your server then you can simply type in local host or if you launch it from your local computer, then you can type the name of planning server followed by the port number. Idestrainings is best in providing Oracle Data Integrator 12c training by real time experts from India at flexible timings. SO what are you waiting for? Join in Idestrainings for best Oracle ODI training. Hurry Up!