Introduction to Teradata DBA Training:
Teradata DBA training is a very important tool in the Teradata data warehouse. A Teradata DBA is a respected asset, who is essential in a big data warehouse. These professionals are very important when it comes to how smoothly the systems run and when problems arise. Teradata DBA online Training automates the allocation of CPU resources to workloads in order to control and who can execute queries. Idestrainings provide the training on the Teradata DBA Training by the real-time experienced trainers and we will cover the full advanced concepts of the Teradata Database Administration Online Training. We provide Best Teradata DBA Training videos and the material also.
Perquisites of Teradata DBA Training:
It’s good to have a basic knowledge of
- Query languages like SQL.
- And basic understand-ability of data storing and retrieval.
- Relational database concepts
- Teradata SQL
- The Teradata Database configuration
Teradata Database Administration online Training Outline:
- Program Name: Teradata DBA Training
- Duration of Course: 30 Hours (It can also be optimized as per required period).
- Mode of training: Online, Classroom, and corporate training.
- Timings: According to one’s feasibility.
- Batch Type: Regular, weekends and fast track.
- Materials: Yes, we are providing materials for Teradata Database Administration Online Training. (We will get the soft copy material)
- Sessions will be conducted through WEBEX, GoToMeeting OR SKYPE.
- Basic Requirements: Good Internet Speed, Headset.
- Trainer Experience: 10+ years.
- Course Fee: please register on our website, so that one of our agents will assist you
Overview of Teradata DBA Training:
Teradata support for XML data, including the XML data type and the functions and methods available for processing, shredding, and publishing XML data. Teradata Database administrators is used to access the system nodes should log on to the operating system as a user who is a member of the trusted group or as the root user.
This feature allows Teradata to use multiple maps for the database table and join the index data distribution. A map can include all AMPs or subsets of AMPs in the system, to which table and joining index rows are distributed. Each table and joining index is assigned to use the map, either explicitly in the creation / alter statement, or the Teradata database by default.
Benefits of Teradata DBA online course:
- Provides high data availability across the analytical ecosystem. Dramatically reduces the required maintenance window for system reconfiguration and data redistribution after a system expansion.
- More efficient distribution of data, and optimal use of resources by associating small tables with small (one-AMP or few-AMP) “sparse” maps.
- Teradata Database includes two sparse maps, and users with appropriate privileges can create additional sparse maps if needed.
- New tables, views, and procedures are provided to aid in managing multiple maps and migrate tables to new maps after system expansion with minimal impact on system availability.
- More consistent tactical query performance with higher query concurrency.
- You can associate maps with table operators and foreign servers to ensure the operator function code is stored and run only on AMPs that store data for tables on which the operators run.
What is Teradata DBA?
Teradata DBA is used to create users, establish roles, create database structures, and understand how well the Teradata database works. It also provides quality control and auditing of the database to ensure accurate and appropriate data usage, support development teams with the design, implementation and performance tuning of new and existing applications, which helps developers develop their code and solve day-to-day problems. And communicate formulas for a mix of Teradata databases and generate trade-offs.
Who can go for this Teradata DBA Training?
The job roles who get primarily benefited from learning this course are listed below:
- IT professionals
- Analytics managers
- Professionals who want to enhance their skills in database management, and administration.
What are course objective of Teradata Database Administration Training?
Upon completion of the Teradata Database Administration course, students will be able to:
- Set up the Teradata database
- Create databases and users
- Allocate perm and spool space
- Apply data protection including Transient Journal, Fallback and RAID
- Grant and revoke security privileges
- Load, archive and restore data
- Implement Teradata protection features
Roles and responsibilities of Teradata DBA Training:
- Manage the Teradata Servers across the globe, monitor the performance of databases and make tuning changes, researched and evaluated alternative solutions related query performance and recommend the most cost-effective design solutions.
- Responsible for Patch upgrades, performance monitoring, responding to Alerts, tuning, creating appropriate Indexes, and creating Incidents with Teradata and assistance/follow up with the CSR.
- Performing system level and application level tuning and supported the application development teams for database needs and guidance using tools and utilities like explain, visual explain, PMON, DBC views.
- Developing Shell Scripts, Stored Procedures and Macros in order to automate to run based on the frequency.
- Involved in taking care of day-to-day needs for the Development team with in the specified SLA and also taking care of the ad-hoc requests.
- Responsible for creating Databases/Users/Tables/Views/Roles/Profiles etc., Access grants, Load support/assistance such as resolving the deadlock issues, creating the JI and SI, STATS collection, avoiding bad joins etc.
- Assist Development Team Leads in the design and implementation of large, complex database solutions.
- Reviewing the DDL/DML before it goes into TEST/PROD. Discuss/Review with the DEV team from the initial stages of the design, data model and understanding the business needs in order to choose the Indexes and other Architect things that need to be taken care.
- Responsible for the migration activities under qualified environments.
- Set up and implement backup/recovery and security strategies, setting up the policies/schedules using Net Backup console and TARA.
- Responsible for syncing the PROD boxes present in the US and Europe and maintaining the data integrity.
- Involved in installing/testing/documenting the Golden Gate for replication for Teradata systems across the globe.
- Involved in creating replication groups, adding extracts, pumps, and sorts for Golden Gate replication.
- Involved in building the environment for testing
- Administrating Teradata database (5 different MPP Systems) using Teradata Manager, Teradata Administrator and other Teradata internal tools.
- Performance tuning of Teradata SQL, ETL jobs. This demands good knowledge in understanding the parameters like Teradata Explain, Stats Collection, and Multi value Compression, Skewing etc.
- Involved in Performance monitoring the different TD servers using tools like PMON, Dashboard, TD Alert and other Barclay’s specific internal monitoring/alerting tools.
- Reacting to alert system, if needed.
- Data movement across different Teradata servers to support development team.
- Involved in reviewing the Implementation plans of the new projects that needs to go LIVE. This includes educating the users with the best practices and Teradata recommendations where in need arrives.
Key Features of Teradata DBA:
- User Management – Creation and managing Users, Databases, Roles, Profiles and Accounts.
- Space Allocation – Assigning Permanent Space, Spool Space and Temporary Space.
- Access of Database Objects – Granting and Revoking Access Rights on different database objects.
- Security Control – Handling logon and logoff rules for Users.
- System Maintenance – Specification of system defaults, restart etc.
- System Performance – Use of Performance Monitor (PMON), Priority Scheduler and Job Scheduling.
- Resource Monitoring – Database Query Log (DBQL) and Access Logging.
- Data Archives, Restores and Recovery – ARC Utility and Permanent Journals.
Conclusion to Teradata DBA Training:
Teradata DBA Training is the administrator of designing, developing and managing databases. Databases are based on Teradata, SQL Server, DB2 and Oracle. Teradata DBA online Training contains huge amounts of data which is used to for managing such data is a difficult task and dba should check the status of the database. Databases implicitly own and have privileges on all objects created within their assigned space. Individual objects contained in a database do not require a space allocation, but you can specify space limits for some objects.
IdesTrainings gives the best online training, corporate training and job support for Teradata DBA Training. We have best mentors to manage you through this Teradata DBA online course and numerous different courses; in our Idestrainings and just as, for both individual and for corporate bunches too. Our trainers will be available 24/7 online support. IdesTrainings gives training to all Teradata Administration Modules at a sensible cost and at trainee’s adaptable hours? We likewise give classroom training at customer premises Noida Bangalore, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi, and Pune.